Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WIP - Legion Basilisk/Medusa #1

My buddy Joe picked up an Imperial Guard Basilisk and asked me if I could turn it into a Legion Basilisk/Medusa. Before I knew what I was getting into I said yes. Somehow I had it in my head that this would be a much easier project. After I opened the Basilisk box I realized that I would only be able to use the tracks, gun and carriage, and interior hull. Everything else would have to be scratch built. On the upside he was giving me all the spare bits in exchange for my work which meant I had enough parts to build another Salamander.

Using the Forgeworld website as reference I have made paper stencils which I then traced out onto sheets of styrene. I've been working in layers of 1mm and 1/4mm styrene. I used a leather punch to make the axle holes and mounts.

I still have a lot of work to do. I have to make the exhausts for both sides, finish the front hatch and details, bevel the edges, and construct the crew compartment. I;ve already fabricated some artillery rounds which I'll be casting. The final touch will be an ass load of rivets.

No comments:

Post a Comment